Posted by Kim
Jace Linderman, a Lyman sophomore, takes a jump shot, during Friday night's game against Stanley County in the Jones County Tournament. Linderman was high scorer with 23 points. The Raiders defeated Stanley Co. 57 to 34 to move on to the championship game Saturday night.
by Lucy Halverson
Lyman basketball players, both boys and girls had a successful week on the basketball court.
The boy's team traveled to Murdo Thursday, Jan. 15, to meet the White River Tigers in the first game of the 36th Annual Jones Co. Invitational. Lyman won 64 to 55.
Friday the Raiders moved into the night games when they took on the Stanley Co. Buffaloes in the 7 pm game. Jace Linderman scored 23 points on the night to help put the Raiders up 57 to 34 at the final buzzer.
Saturday's championship game found the Raiders taking on the host team Jones Co. Pat Donovan was high scorer with 20 followed by Linderman with 19. The Raiders record improved to 6-3 with the 63 to 48 victory.
The Raiders brought home their second tournament trophy in two years. Donovan was named to the first all-tournament team, while Linderman and Gordon Gourneau were named to the second team.
The South Dakota Sportswriters Association's boys basketball poll was released Tuesday morning. Although Lyman didn't rate as one of the top ten teams the Raiders 6-3 did receive votes.
The lady Raiders added a win to their record by defeating the Chamberlain Cubs 50 to 38 Tuesday, Jan. 13 at the Lyman gym.
The Raiders will host the first two nights of the Girls Southern Plains Tournament Thursday, Jan. 22 and Friday, Jan. 23. Saturday, Jan. 24 play moves to Gregory.
- Inured Highway Patrol Trooper returns to work
- No April Fool's Joke
- Successfull Shamrock Shuffle
- Speed limit and fees increase April 1
- Wheat Growers holds open house in Kennebec
- Central South Dakota 's Scavengers Journey set for June
- Coach receives star quilt
- Irish celebration draws near
- Annual event draws crowd to Presho gym
- Presho, Kennebec to hold city elections
- Wheat Growers releases site layout for new facility at Kennebec
- Lyman meets Jones Co. in Dist. 13B Championship game on Thursday