NewsApril 24 2013
Will you be a buyer or a seller at the 2nd annual Scavenger’s Journey
The second annual Scavenger’s Journey through south central South Dakota will be held June 21 – 23, 2013.
Collectors, buyers and scavengers will travel along SD Hwy 16 and visit featured businesses and participate in special events in search of collectibles, antiques, crafts, food, baked goods or unique keepsakes to buy and take home.
Now is the time to get signed up for a booth at the Presho City Park flea market or register your business or garage sale to be included on the maps to be published by organizers of the Scavenger’s Journey.
A map with the locations of special events, individual participants, multi-dealer locations, and participating specialty shops will be available during the Savenger’s Journey at local gas stations in all participating towns.
To register and have your sale items and location listed on the map contact Husman or visit the website: www. scavengersjourney.com. Registration fees, businesses $20 and private individuals $10, go towards advertising and printing costs.
Events are planned in all the participating towns; Chamberlain, Kimball, Pukwana, Oacoma, Reliance, White Lake and Plankinton and Presho.
Plan to attend for a fun filled weekend or make plans to be a vendor. The registration deadline is May 30.
Visit the Scavenger’s Journey website to keep up to date on event schedules.
- Raider colors on parade
- Lutherans observe 100 years in Presho
- Rails to the Future Applauds Receipt of $13 Million TIGER Grant to Build Railroad to Presho
- Homecoming King and Queen Crowned
- Survey indicates pheasants numbers strong in central South Dakota
- Celebrate South Dakota's 125 years of Statehood at the museum Sunday
- Booster Club hosts kick off
- Market features sunflower blooms and more
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre; DayTriathlon set for Saturday
- Pool season comes to an end
- Hoping for a favorable nod from the judge
- Reminiscing at school reunions