NewsMay 17 2012
PIERRE, S.D. –
Gov. Dennis Daugaard requests that all flags in the state be flown at half-staff on Saturday, May 19, 2012, from 8 a.m. until sunset in honor of former U.S. Sen. Jim Abdnor.
Abdnor, who died Wednesday, was 89.
A World War II veteran, Abdnor was a four-term congressman before serving one term in the U.S. Senate and later heading the U.S. Small Business Administration for two years. He had earlier served six terms in the South Dakota Legislature and was Lieutenant Governor from 1968-1971.
A funeral service for Abdnor will be held Saturday, May 19, at 11:30 a.m. CDT at Lutheran Memorial Church, 320 East Prospect Avenue, Pierre.
- Hunters average two birds in Lyman Co. during opener
- National Fire Prevention Week, October 9-15
- Hoops for Coop
- Lyman Celebrates Homecoming
- Fall Harvest Underway
- LHS to crown King & Queen Monday, Sept. 26
- Lyman PF Chapter plans Banquet
- Kennebec hosts Rodeo for Cowboys and Cowgirls, age 4 to 18
- GLF Update: "The Miller Challenge"
- Pheasant survey indicates Lyman County routes among highest in state
- Court rules on County State’s election
- Enrollment up at the start of the new year