Read for the Record Campaign Oct 6
Children and adults across Lyman County are invited to participate in the Read for the Record campaign to be held on Oct. 6. The year’s book is Llama, Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney. Record breakers everywhere will take part in helping to set a new world record for the greatest number of people reading the same book on the same day. Parents as Teachers will coordinate the event by donating a copy of the book to the Kennebec and Presho School Libraries to be shared with the school-aged children that day. They will also involve the communities of Vivian, Presho, Kennebec, and Reliance by hosting a pajama/red clothing party at each public library or location. The pajama/red clothing party will begin at 6:00 pm and include sharing the book, working on activities and having a light meal. The book can be found online at www.wegivebooks.org/pf/rftr/ for those who are unable to attend the festivities but want to participate and help set a new world record.
- LHS to crown King & Queen Monday, Sept. 26
- Lyman PF Chapter plans Banquet
- Kennebec hosts Rodeo for Cowboys and Cowgirls, age 4 to 18
- GLF Update: "The Miller Challenge"
- Pheasant survey indicates Lyman County routes among highest in state
- Court rules on County State’s election
- Enrollment up at the start of the new year
- Fall sports back in action
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre Day
- Presho Firefighters receive Grain Bin Rescue equipment and training
- Lyman County ACS Survivor celebration event
- Swimming season comes to an end